header graphic
Who Has TLC Helped?
Here are just a few of the animals that The Last Chance Fund (TLC) has helped.
If you want to donate to our TLC Fund click here.

If you're a veterinary practice owner and you want to become a practice click here.

Eddie with his owners
Eddie was hit by a car and had his hip popped out of the socket, requiring a surgery to remove part of the hip joint.

Testimonial from Eddie's Owner:
I wanted to reach out and extend my never ending gratitude for the assistance you provided the Pet Pantry to ensure that my family was able to keep our fur baby Eddie the boxador. Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Charlene and Dr. Langlois while doing a follow up appointment for my pup. He was hit by a car on Thanksgiving, and once we saw the cost of the surgery I was forced to reach out to find a no kill shelter where I could surrender him to ensure he would be able to live. He had just turned one and having to face that decision so close to the holidays financially, with 4 children to answer to was an unbelievable task. Thanks to your organization and Dr. Langlois at the Pet Pantry, our family was blessed to be able to keep our baby and have him back in good health. I can't thank you all enough, and will do everything in my power to share our story with the masses. You are all a huge blessing and I wish you the best.

Thanks again,

Andrea Whisman

Bobby Ray
Bobby Ray when he was found  Bobby Ray ready for adoption

Found by the side of the road, Bobby Ray was taken to Willow Mill Veterinary Hospital in March 2015 by a good samaritan and local police. He had suffered several traumatic injuries (presumably from being hit by a car) including a spinal cord injury, lung contusions, and a fractured elbow in addition to being malnourished.

Bobby Ray had a guarded prognosis initially, but after just a few days of intensive treatment, his condition dramatically improved! Bobby Ray continued to heal and gain weight daily and he successfully underwent surgery to fix his broken elbow. Though wearing a collar when he arrived, owners could not be located and it was uncertain if he had been abandoned or just lost. Once healed, Bobby Ray was soon adopted in to a new, loving home.


GeorgiaGeorgia was a three month old black Labrador Retriever who was brought by her owner to Willow Mill Veterinary Hospital. She had a leg that had been splinted for an accident occurring five days before, and upon examination she was found to have a long leg fracture. Her leg was showing swelling and joint laxity, and surgery was performed to repair the leg. As the veterinary bills began to mount, Georgia’s owners surrendered her to Willow Mill. Because of location and severity of the break, vigorous physical therapy including cold laser therapy were performed daily. As she healed at the hospital, a new family was identified to adopt Georgia into their home.

Hefty recovering from his injuries  Mufasa in his new home

Hefty the cat earned his name the hard way. A victim of animal abuse, he was literally put in a trashbag and thrown away for dead. Badly injured, he was discovered trying to claw his way out of the bag. Hefty was taken by a good samaritan to the Veterinary Medical Center of Lebanon for treatment. Approximately four years old, Hefty was examined and found to have a broken rib, fractured pelvis, broken teeth, lung contusions, intestinal parasites, fleas, and - understandably - shock. He was treated for his injuries and gradually recovered. After being fostered by a VMC employee, Hefty was adopted in February 2014 - and renamed Mufasa - and he is now part of a family with another black cat named Boo and a beagle named Dew.


Spike, a collie mix, was brought to TLC Fund participating practice, Animal Hospital of Willow Street, at 20-weeks-old with a metaphyseal fracture of the right femur, or a broken leg. He apparently had been hit by a car. While Spike was otherwise in good condition, he wasn’t microchipped and— despite the efforts of the hospital—an owner could not be located.

Spike underwent surgery on his leg and received two pins to heal the fracture. By the next day, he was sitting up in his cage and, when coaxed out with food, walked well on his own. As he continued to heal at the hospital, the veterinarians noted what a happy dog he was. Spike was adopted by a new owner and was able to go to a loving home. Without TLC, Spike and Blitz might not have had this second chance on a new life in a new home.


Blitz was a stray cat born in September 2010 near Norristown, PA. In December of that year, a good samaritan found Blitz with a severe injury to his left leg. Unable to care for the cat, he took it to TLC Fund participating practice, Trooper Veterinary Hospital, and surrendered him. Blitz was made comfortable, examined, and found to have a left distal physeal femoral Salter-Harris Type II fracture, or a broken leg.

Blitz received two pins in his leg and recovered from surgery well. He spent two months at Trooper Veterinary Hospital where he charmed the staff and received a lot of affection. During this time he was dewormed, vaccinated, and neutered. Eventually, Blitz was adopted by the son of one of Trooper’s veterinary technicians.