Get out and run for charity!
8:30am - 5k Run
8:45am - 1 Mile Dog Walk
9:30am - Costume Contest
Join us with or without your dog to take part in our annual 5k Run and 1 Mile
Dog walk in the capital city. Celebrate Halloween and come in dressed up (you or
your dog!) and participate in our costume contest. Whether you walk or run, the
day will be fun! Get pledges - either in person or online - and help raise money
for animals in need in Pennsylvania. Whether you create a team or go it alone,
every dollar counts.elped already.
Pre-registration is now closed, but you may register to
run or walk onsite at City Island on Sunday, October 27.
Online donation to The
Last Chance Fund is still open.
Use the links below to find out everything about Bark in
Online registration is now closed, but you may still register onsite at City
Island on Sunday, October 27, 2013.
While it's fun to run, pledges are the important so that The Last Chance Fund
can provides monies for the care of abused, neglected, or injured unowned
companion animals. Funds are only generated through donations, so that's why
it's so important to get pledges before race day. Tell your friends, your
family, your co-workers - spread the word!
If you're registered for the race, simply log in and click the fundraising tab
at the top and explore your options. To get pledges in person, click "Download
Forms" and you can email a printable pledge sheet to yourself. You can take it
with you to work, school, church, and the donations you collect can be brought
with you on race day.
You can also get pledges online by clicking "Get Sponsors". You can use your own
email or the website's email system to solicit pledges. You can even click on
the Get Social button at the bottom of the page and login to Facebook. Once
you're logged, just click on "Share Your Page" and each of your Facebook friends
will know that you're part of Bark in the Park and are looking for support.
If you're not registered for the race but want to donate to The Last Chance
Fund, you can do so by
clicking here and choosing entering your donation amount in the "Restricted
to TLC Fund" line.
Can't participate but want to help? You can be a sponsor instead! Here are some
of the ways:
If you'd like to be a sponsor in any of the above ways, contact Christine Gacono at
- Monetary donationsmonetary donations offset the costs associated with Bark in the Park and allows race registrations and pledges to go directly to The Last Chance Fund.
- Doggie Bag DonationsItems to be donated to include in gift bags distributed to the first 250 pre-registered runners/walkers
- Food/Beverage DonationsFood or beverages to be provided to runners/walkers/furry companions before, during, or after the race
- Service DonationsServices offered to runners/walkers/furry companions before, during, or after the race, ie: nail trimming for dogs, massage, etc.
Each registrant will receive one raffle ticket in their race day packets. You
can also purchase more tickets if you want an even better chance to win a great
prize. Prizes include:
- Red Star Sunglasses
- $75 Bears Den Gift Certificate
- $30 The Pizza Grille Gift Certificate
- Bedford Springs Overnight & Breakfast
- Seven Springs Overnight & Breakfast
- Eden Resort Brunch for 2
- 5 1-year supplies of Frontline & backpack
- $25 Rhoads Gift Certificate
- Dog Treat Container
- $50 Wegmans Gift Card
- $50 Weis Gift Card
- 4 Christmas Candy Lane Tickets
- Feline & Avian Hospital Free Acupuncture Visit
- 2 - $25 Giant Gift Certificates
- Metro Bank Cooler filled with great items